Saturday, February 8, 2014

Chapter 4: An Oregon Snow Day

It's mild they said. It doesn't snow they said.
I left work at 3pm on Thursday and ended up stranded on a hill on the side of the road. I walked a half mile in cold wind and 5 inch snow drifts with a light jacket and flats. My husband was stranded downtown ad the city transit system either shutdown or was so overloaded he couldn't get home. He ended up getting a train out of downtown and walked 2 miles to my car. The car did not start. He stayed an extra hour pushing other cars up the hill. He came home, we put on warm clothes and went back out to salvage the car. We jumped the car and she started up. We reversed/slid back down the hill and turned around. We bought chains for our tires, put them on, and made it home. It is now 10pm. My husband offers to take a few gentlemen back to the store to get their own chains. He gets back at 10:30pm. We are finally warm and ready for bed.
I worked from home on Friday and today, I made the best snow day treat there is.
Banana Bread.


...with chocolate chips.
The smell, the warmth, the taste... perfection.
I had never made it before, so I followed the food network's recipe exactly.
After eating a slice, I thanked God for his provision. We were safe and warm and eating delicious bread.  I hope you make some soon and remember the same things. We are never alone and I thank God for his blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment